Viarco has over one hundred years of experience with pencils making it one of, if not the oldest pencil factory in Europe. The brand is well known among the pencil aficionados of the world, but what really warms the heart is the thought of the generations of Portuguese that learned to read and count with a Viarco pencil.
Today Viarco is ceaseless in their innovations and continue to churn out over 6.5 million pencils a year. While in Portugal, my eyes and imagination was caught by their collection of Quintais e Jardins de Portugal pencils. These pencils are imbued with the aroma and nostalgia of the cedar wood shavings in the factory and the familiar flowers that appear in the backyards and ornamental gardens of Portugal.
Viarco’s scented pencils include:
- Jasmim – Jasmin
- Flor de Laranjeira – Orange Blossom
- Figueira – Fig tree
- Peonia – Peony
- Lirio do Campo – Lily of the Valley.
I managed to collect 4 out of the five fragrances and though I am utterly enamoured by them. I would be delighted to let a few go to a few of our readers!
Win one of 2 sets of scented pencils. Each set contains 4 pencils all individually wrapped to preserve the fragrance, handsomely wrapped up and sealed within brown paper.
– This giveaway is open to INTERNATIONAL entries.
– You MUST be a follower of this blog via Bloglovin’ or Google Friend Connect (see “members” at the bottom of the blog). Please don’t forget to leave your name/blog name/tag so I can find you.
– If the winner does not contact me in 1 week of announcement, then I will pick a new winner.
– Closing date is Midnight (UK time) 3rd September 2014.
USEFUL LINKS | Viarco Pencils Portugal |