My deviating mind has a curious habit of attaching itself to the the oddest tid-bits of information and I have resolved to share such findings with you.
I came across the Ant-Flirt club on a recent jaunt through Wikipedia. The American club was established by women who took against and were embarrassed by the unwelcome attention and advances of men in automobiles and on street corner.
The club had a series of rules, which were intended as sound and serious advice. These were:
- Don’t flirt: those who flirt in haste oft repent in leisure.
- Don’t accept rides from flirting motorists—they don’t invite you in to save you a walk.
- Don’t use your eyes for ogling—they were made for worthier purposes.
- Don’t go out with men you don’t know—they may be married, and you may be in for a hair-pulling match.
- Don’t wink—a flutter of one eye may cause a tear in the other.
- Don’t smile at flirtatious strangers—save them for people you know.
- Don’t annex all the men you can get—by flirting with many, you may lose out on the one.
- Don’t fall for the slick, dandified cake eater—the unpolished gold of a real man is worth more than the gloss of a lounge lizard.
- Don’t let elderly men with an eye to a flirtation pat you on the shoulder and take a fatherly interest in you. Those are usually the kind who want to forget they are fathers.
- Don’t ignore the man you are sure of while you flirt with another. When you return to the first one you may find him gone.
I don’t know about you, but I would have signed up. I am sure that these women are quite serious but, goodness me, they do sound like a lot of fun too!