People that confuse taking time out to do a spot of thinking and self reflection as mere indolence are, in my opinion, sorely mistaken. Sunday’s seem to be a good time for rumination. A good time to remind ourselves of many things such as why it is we are doing what we are doing and what it is that makes us happy.
Three thoughts that have filtered through my head this Sunday:
- I think people spend too much time staring at screens these days. Watching life through a screen while real-life passes us by.
- I wish that I could file all my bills in the shredder. No return ticket.
- I wish that I could cut out the rainclouds over London and paste them elsewhere. Preferably to a place in more need of rain. I would also like to be able to “un-do” just in case.
Three things that I like:
- I like odd compositions. Strange angles, things off-centre and from a less ordinary perspective. Such photos do it for me.
- Loud and exuberant laughter. Such raucousness may make many sneer but it makes me fall into a smile.
- New old teacups and saucers. My latest acquisition is a Limoges. It is so fine that it is quite translucent.
Three things that I would like to change about myself:
- I would like to cultivate more patience in my nature. Good things, lasting things, will not happen over night.
- I would like to find more balance in my life. Lately, things can feel so uneven at times.
- I would like to feel less nervous about congratulating myself on “small” victories. I am my own great critic and I find it hard to sit back and say “well done me”. Instead, I seem to say; “you can do better than that girl…now do it!”.
Thinking is good.