Tofu and chicken burgers are yum! Seriously tummy rumbling yum! They are a nice and healthy alternative to beef and they are surprisingly lighter too.
Serve with your favourite sauce (try miso-mayo)and salad, rice or stick it in a bun and chomp away!
- 450 grams of minced chicken (use extra lean turkey if you cant find chicken)
- 1 pack of firm tofu
- half an onion finely cubed
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Minced or grated ginger to taste
- salt to taste
- Cooking oil – vegetable or sunflower will do fine.
- Wrap tofu in a paper towel to for about 10 minutes. Unwrap and then microwave for 90 seconds, then roughly break up the tofu with a fork.
- Mix tofu, minced chicken, onion, egg, salt, ginger and knead. Add in little portions of panko as you go along till you get a semi firm but still soft mixture.
- Divide and roll out into little patties. The patties will still be rather soft and will require care when moving but don’t worry they should still hold together!
- Add oil into a non stick frying pan and shallow fry each of the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side on a medium-high heat or until brown.
- Drain and serve!