| Recipe | What Do You Call it? Yum!
What do you call this? An omelette? Frittata? Or like my Japanese friend does, a 'no-flour quiche'?
Whatever you want to call it, it is yummy and great for lunch or breakfast, hot or cold. I have even made it the night before and added it to our lunch boxes along with salad for me (rice for Hiro) instead of a sarnie or if you like - in a sarnie (would probably be yummy in some Turkish bread).
| Ingredients |
1/2 bag of spinach
100g sweetheart cabbage
3 tablespoons milk
1 spring onion (optional)
1 teaspoon of consommé granules
1 tablespoon ketchup
| Method |
1. Get your keenest knife out and shred the cabbage. Mince the carrots and the spring onion too if you are using one.
2. Either par boil or microwave the carrots and the cabbage together to lightly soften. Blanch the spinach and roughly chop.
3. In a large bowl, crack the eggs in and mix in the consommé and milk. Beat away!
4. Add the all the veg into the egg mixture and mix together well.
5. Heat a bit of veg or olive oil in a small frying pan.
6. On a medium heat, add the mixture to the pan and cover to allow it to cook for about 4 minutes - take care not to burn it!
7. Flip it over and cook the other side.