One rainy day in Tokyo, three of us went wandering around the Kuramae area where we stumbled into the Koncent Design and Product shop.
Koncent is owned by h-concept and is a brimming treasure trove of unique and interesting fun stuff. It is also a hub for new talent and great ideas. The owner works with emerging product designers to assist them in developing their ideas into commercial items that begin their journey into the world right here.
The dreamy translucent Leaf Memo by Ryosuke Harashima who also designs some other quirky desk objects that make me just want to hold them. I especially like the | Clip Nest |
Another leaf shaped item that caught my eye was the Leaf Thermometer by Hideyuki Kamagai. Seemingly magical little leaves that change colour in different temperatures, shifting from brown when cold to yellow when warm.
Sticking to the leaf theme, this is what I brought home. Some cute little leaf drawing pins! Designed by Joonhyun Kim and made of polycarbonate and stainless steel in Japan.
"This pushpin resembles a sprouting plant with a unique shape that keeps the needle from facing upwards if dropped. I designed it with the innocence of a sprout emerging from concrete in mind."
I think that they are nothing short of adorable as well as practical so I brought back 2 sets. One for me and one for a lucky winner:
How to enter:
- To enter fill out the Rafflecopter form above.
- This giveaway is open to international entries.
- You MUST be a follower of this blog via Bloglovin' or Google Friend Connect (see "members" at the bottom of the blog). Please don't forget to leave your name/blog name/tag in the comments so I can find you and follow back.
- If the winner does not contact me in 1 week of announcement, then I will pick a new winner.
- Closing date May 22nd 2014
LINKS | Koncent | H concept | Ryosuke Harashima |