I stayed at the Courtyard Hotel in Rosebank a few weeks ago. It is easy to reach the hotel from OT airport via public transport using the Gautrain (you will need to change once at Sandton).
I stayed in a studio room. It was large, quiet and comfortable with everything within it to ensure a comfortable and independent stay.
Despite its location aside the main road, the Courtyard Hotel Rosebank manages to feel very secluded and leafy due to the clever construction of a wall and lots of plants.
The bathrooms are large and have a bath and shower and a selection of complimentary toiletries.
All the staff here are friendly and really helpful. The room attendants offer a turndown service and left lovely treats on my pillow.
Notes on the location:
Great location for:
- Anyone wanting to stay near the airport.
- Anyone in Johannesburg for business in Rosebank or Sandton.
- You will need to ask reception to call a taxi for you. People in Johannesburg don't use taxi's much so it may take some time for one to arrive.
- The hotel is located directly opposite the Holiday Inn, the wall and greenery make it less obvious to spot!
- There is are 2 large malls within the shopping district right opposite the hotel.
The Good Points of The Courtyard Hotel Rosebank:
- Great value for money
- Large rooms
- Large digital safes in the rooms. Large enough for a laptop to fit within it.
- Air conditioning.
- Large tiled bathrooms with powerful shower and bath with plenty of hot water
- Free WIFI for 30 minutes a day if you sign up to local hotspot service provider.
- Mini fridge to keep drinks cold
- Small balcony.
- Large television.
- Small kitchenette within the room.
- Swimming pool
- International dial phone
- Courtesy bar for guests between 17.00 - 19.00
- Turndown service
- Approachable, kind staff both on reception and on the concierge desk.
Other Points to Note:
- Take care when walking around Rosebank especially at night.
- The Courtyard Hotel is part of the City Lodge Hotel group.
- Breakfast is available from a buffet and offers a good selection of breads, fruit juices and hot options. The breakfast chef prepares eggs as per your requirements as you wait.
- Lunch/dinner are not served but takeaways are permitted.
LINKS | The Courtyard Hotel Rosebank |